File this one under ,”No longer surprising.” The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall of AQUA DOTS. News of the recall has been widely reported, like at Reuters.
I wish I was surprised by this, but after the last few months, I can’t be. What makes me so mad is that MY kids got these stupid bead toys!
When these first got to the house, I KNEW these were trouble. At first, the beads were a mild choking hazard (small, sticky) but that was the extent of it. I should have trusted my parental instincts. I should have KNOWN that the MADE IN CHINA label was trouble. I just thought, “Hey, the kids like the toy.” Boy was I wrong! This isn’t just about a little lead paint that will make a generation of our kids stupid, this chemical laced plastic candy looking thing will KILL your kid. Wow. Ponder that one!
DON’T BUY CHINEESE MADE TOYS AT ALL!
For more information on this subject, please refer to our section on Defective and Dangerous Products.